Monday, January 26, 2009

Super Hunger Brunch 2009

The Greater Boston Food Bank sponsors a Super Hunger Brunch weekend every year. Essentially both the restaurants and diners contribute time, food and money to a good cause. We've frequently attended these brunches, at such varied spots as John Harvard's Brew Pubs to the Navy Mess at the Constitution. This year, Cici, Jaime and I traveled a few blocks to Shephard Street in Cambridge to Chez Henri. This restaurant has significance to me because in a former life it was known as Chez Jean and was a favorite of my parents, who lived up the street when I was an infant. Chez Jean was a traditional French restaurant (and very good); Chez Henri is French-Cuban fusion and also very good. I've wanted to try it for a long time, and I'm happy we did, even happier that it was for a good cause!

Cici had a roasted veggie and goat cheese omelet, Jaime steak and eggs with a fancy bearnaise sauce, and I had the famous Cuban sandwich, all of which were very good. We split a chocolate brioche bread pudding for dessert, which was SO good.

A parting shot of (what else?) lampposts....





No comments: