Monday, January 12, 2009

How cold was it?

The icicles were hung from the lantern with care....


The tree was lightly frosted with snow....


As were the rhinoceri

Bonnie was knee deep (and loving it! can't say that much for Jimpy!)


Festive berries adorned this bush....

And the back forty (square feet) was frosted (and frosty!)
Of course, when it is this cold outside, we turn to warmer pursuits, such as making homemade French Onion soup (I wish there were "scratch and sniff" photographs!) and a great Chocolate Stout Cake (recipe courtesy of the smittenkitchen.com blog.) I brought the cake into work as a trial run for my turn for Bake Club (this Wednesday.) Judging by the fact that the platter was licked clean (and not even by me!), I think the recipe is a keeper....
Some time was also spent in completing our Quarter collection (courtesy of Michael and Alex who sent us a much desired Hawaii quarter for Christmas) and in enjoying a little "retro" Star Trek action (courtesy of Jeremy and Shirley!) My siblings know me well. I did manage to wear out several remote controls shaped like phasers....
Live long and prosper!!!!

No comments: