Friday, October 3, 2008

The "other" Hamptons


Sunday I met Alex in rainy Revere (pronounced Reveah here in Boston) and we each drove up north to Hampton Beach in New Hampshire for a brief rest cure (Alex having received an invitation from a work colleague and friend to use her beach house.) The house was literally across the street from the beach - you could hear the waves roaring in (courtesy of Hurricane Kyle passing by.) Although the weather was somewhat inclement, I still managed a trek on the beach, which was beautiful. Many hardy souls were out with surfboards and wet suits (but not me!)


Monday I played hooky and accompanied Alex to Wentworth-by-the-Sea for some spa services, first stopping by at the Golden Egg for a delicious breakfast. While at Wentworth-by-the-Sea, I found another subject for my lamppost photograph collection.


Finally, the sun came out! We travelled over the bridge to Maine to indulge in some retail therapy in the Kittery outlets.

No comments: