Friday, August 14, 2009

Birthday Bouquets

Another year older - it seems like time is a runaway freight train whistling down the tracks sometimes. Since my birthday was a few days before the first anniversary of my mother's death, I felt pretty subdued. I was grateful to friends and family for commemorative gifts (and in one case, an ode!)


A highlight was a lily and iris bouquet from Alex & Michael - and a dinner out at Tupelo with the Cambridge-ites (one soon to go off to the Big Apple and the next chapter of her life, another two to begin an exciting new chapter in their lives!)


I have to wonder what will happen in my next chapter? Sometimes I think it's like Harry Potter - the series is done, and I feel empty and flat - a little hard to enjoy the movies now. Time for re-invention!

In the meantime, life goes on, and there's still time to share a pedicure with the blooming Ciel, and photograph the flowers. . . .


No comments: